Request For Confidentiality
You can request your personal information contained in our utility records not be released to unauthorized persons. Texas law requires Government operated utilities give their customers the option of making their address, telephone number, and driver's license number confidential. This service is provided at no cost to you. Please note, however, we must continue to provide this information to:
- An official or employee of the State or a political subdivision of the State, or the Federal government acting in an official capacity.
- An employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee’s duties.
- A consumer-reporting agency.
- A contractor or sub-contractor approved by and providing services to the utility or the State, a political subdivision of the State, the Federal Government, or an agency of the State or Federal Government.
- A person for whom the customer has contractually waived confidentiality for personal information.
- Another entity that provides water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity, or drainage services for compensation.
For confidentiality of your personal information, please click here or press continue below, fill out the form, print, sign, and return it to the address below.
City of Plano
Customer & Utility Services Dept.
P O Box 861990
Plano, TX 75086-1990
For additional departmental information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).